Kayti Nika Raet is on blog tour this week in support of her great book Niko. Today, Kayti stops here at Buy The Cover to tell us a few things about herself. Please enjoy and be sure to check out her book…links are provided below.
I’ve been asked to provide a list of 10 Random Things about myself and since I’m weird, and random, this list is right up my alley.
1) I spoke Arabic as a kid, as an adult, I only remember a few words and phrases.
2) As a kid I lived in an apartment that used to be a mortuary.
3) I’m allergic to mangos.
4) Before becoming a writer I wanted to be a fashion designer, and I still make my own clothes from time to time.
5) I’m slowly learning Korean.
6) My favorite color is purple. (It used to be yellow… so fickle)
7) I have freckles on my hands and feet. I used to be very self-conscious about it, especially about my hands. They were huge AND freckled.
8) On my first vacation, I fractured my leg on a seesaw. I also got really sick. Other than that, it was fun… I think. I don’t remember most of it.
9) I didn’t eat chocolate until I was fourteen.
10) People often mistaken my sister and I for twins. Sometimes we say we are. I’m the older one….by three years.
And there you have it! That was actually kind of fun. Usually when lists like these arrive I draw a blank and wonder why does everyone want to know how boring I am. Hope you enjoyed!
Kayti Nika Raet
Publisher: Kayti Nika Raet
Genre: YA, Post-Apocalyptic, Thriller, Romance
One can live for several weeks without food but only a few days without water, a fact seventeen year old Niko is only too aware of as she struggles to provide for her two younger brothers in a post apocalyptic landscape where the rain burns like acid, food grows increasingly scarce and any Slither that crosses her path is laid low before it can sink its teeth into her.
Then one night everything she’d ever worked for and loved is consumed by a raging fire, leaving her with one brother missing, the other dead and herself gravely injured.
She’s rescued by the Rose Circle, a rogue group of Slither hunters. They sneak her into Amaryllis City, a decadent metropolis where those able to pay the exorbitant entrance fee live a life of relative ease.
But for Niko, Amaryllis City is not the haven she grew up believing it would be and her unique abilities as a Slither hunter make her a particularly visible target to a city with hopes of experimentation, replication and other nasty bits.
All Niko ever wanted to do was find her baby brother, but that’s proving to be harder than expected.
Amazon: Purchase Link
Goodreads: Connect about it on Goodreads!
Originally from Brooklyn, New York, Kayti Nika Raet moved down South when she was 11, where she was bitten by the writing bug, as well as other, less friendly insects.
She is the author of the Outsider Chronicles, a five book series starting with NIKO and set in a world where the rain burns like acid and flesh eating monsters roam.
She’s also a reviewer for Readers’ Favorite and has her own Youtube Channel: Kayti Edition. When she is not hard at work on her fourth book she has fun reading, listening to K-pop, and photography. Kayti lives in Milledgeville, Georgia.